Making Huntsville a Home -- Day 21

 Well, we're starting our 4th week here in Huntsville.  It isn't home yet but we're working on it.  I have an Alabama driver's license now.  I'm still working on the tag.  We haven't been to church yet, but we hope to remedy that this Sunday.  I need a roof repair (turbine vent) already so I'm waiting on the repairman, the yard man and the UPS man. Tomorrow it's the locksmith, reprogram the garage door codes and try to figure out the sprinkler system. And, and, and.

I guess there will come a day when I don't have so many things going on and I can sit on the internet all day and waste time.  I'm looking forward to it.  And Fall.  They turned the heater on here.  It was right at 90ºF yesterday.  And today.  It was bound to happen.  The days are still getting longer.  I managed to get up on Monte Sano this morning before 5AM.

One thing about it -- if you get up early enough to shoot the sunrise here, you can shoot all the pictures you want and still be home to meet the repairman by 8AM.  Or 10.  Or whenever he might decide to show up.  (Probably during my nap.)

After shooting the sunrise, I went halfway up the Bankhead Trail again, just to get my walking in.

I hadn't counted on how hard it would be to get my walking in.  As you can imagine, I run into a lot of people this close to a city.  People like to talk.  Evidently, so do I.  I swear, since the pandemic, everybody wants to talk. All at once.  It hasn't stopped me from taking pictures.  Just walking.  There's probably a lesson in that somewhere.


There's not much blooming at the moment.  I was halfway up the mountain before I remembered I had chosen that trail to see if any summer flowers were out.  Nothing yet. But there are plenty of birds.  Plenty  of birders too. 

If I can manage to sleep until my 5AM alarm, I might try to shoot some birds myself, tomorrow.  Don't worry, I'll be back in time for the locksmith.  And maybe the yard man.  And maybe the repair man.  Maybe I need to hire a woman.

Don Brown
May 26, 2021


Comments

Comrade Misfit said…
Don’t forget getting a pistol permit. Shit’s going to get weird, I fear.
Don Brown said…
I'm not sure I need one of those in Alabama. :) But I'll check on it. Thanks for reading.

Popular Posts