I Lied

It didn't seem like it was that much further up the hill from the one mile marker to the overlook. But it's 440 yards instead of 100.  So I was wrong.  My wife says I'd rather say "I lied" than "I was wrong".  That's what wives do.  They learn all your secrets so they can tell everybody about them.  Including their husbands.  But y'all already knew that "I don't like being right nearly as much as I hate being wrong".  How could I miss the writing on the road?  (Yes, 1/4 of a mile equals 440 yards.  Try to keep up.)


So, yes, I went back to Monte Sano again this morning.  I didn't wake up until 4:30 so I  was later than the other day.  But I  still got there in time to catch this.

I hiked around a little bit but finally wandered over to the planetarium  to see if any deer were hanging out in the meadow around it. Nope. Just the planetarium and the observatory.

The VBAS stands for the Von Braun Astronomical Society.  It's closed for COVID at the moment but I hope to visit it one night soon.

It's kind of strange living in a town where Wernher von Braun holds such sway.  Whatever the mitigating circumstances, von Braun was a Nazi.  But I take Andrew Jackson Way to get to the mountain and President Jackson wasn't an angel either.  Fiddle-dee-dee. I'll think about that tomorrow.

Don Brown
May 17, 2021

Comments

Popular Posts