Madison County Lake

One of my Twitter friends asked if I had found a lake to shoot the sunrise on yet.  I hadn't.  So I decided to look around.  The county I now live in has one -- simply named Madison County Lake.  I didn't get up in  time for the sunrise (have I mentioned they are really early here?) but that's okay.  I don't really like walking around in the dark at a new place.  I'd rather explore a place in the daylight first.

 I arrived just a couple of minutes before 6AM.  I'm glad I didn't get up for the sunrise. It was an overcast, grey kind of day.  There was a pretty good wind too.

The first thing you learn is that it's a fishing lake.  The signs scream fishing.  The layout is for fishing. Fishing, fishing, fishing.  It's okay.  I get along with fishermen.

Yeah, like I said, the light was pretty bad.  It didn't get much better as the light came up either.

I guess I'll have to come back when the light is better.  I hope I get to see more fly fishing.

 

Don Brown
May 18, 2021



Comments

Popular Posts