Guilty As Sin

I not only skipped church this morning, now I'm writing while intoxicated.  (Or I will be by the time I'm finished with this blog post.) While I'm documenting all my firsts, this is the first martini I've had since I got here...18 days ago.  Anyway, I got some decent pictures this morning and I thought I'd share them.

That's the view from where I make my last turn to Madison County Lake.  There's a volunteer fire station there and I believe the property belongs to Maynor Farms.  But I haven't gotten to know all the details of Huntsville/Madison County yet.  I'm not even sure of the name of the road.   The hazards of using GPS. 

I was torn.  I thought  about staying here until the Sun hit it but the "fly fisherman" at the lake were calling my name and I chose the lake.  No matter how hard you wish, you can't be in two places as once.  I don't want to be accused of false advertising here. The fly boys were there but I didn't get anything.  Except for the things you see when you're (trying to be) still and waiting on birds to fly.

Seriously, I lack the patience to shoot birds.  I want to go out and find something.  I thought I'd see some action....

(Life vests are made for a reason)....but in the end, it was just ordinary fishermen.


Pardon me, but my glass is empty. 

Don Brown
May 23, 2021

Comments

Popular Posts