Huntsville's Chapman Mountain Nature Preserve

I spent my 8th morning in Huntsville exploring the Land Trust of Northern Alabama's (yes, I'm already a member) Chapman Mountain Nature Preserve.  It was my first exploration of the Land Trust's trails. And it was a nice, cool, overcast morning.  I was almost cold, but then again, I was in short-sleeved T-shirt -- so there's that.

 There are several trails there. I hiked the Driskell Trail and the Chasco Trail.  Both were as easy as could be.  The Chasco Trail had one easy slope to climb and the Driskell was all flat.  Of course, I did have to detour around a fallen tree but that was on the section that circles the Frisbee Golf course so it wasn't a problem. ( I don't do any bushwhacking -- carrying a camera on a tripod.)


I'll go back again and explore the other trails.  I don't see one going to the crest  of the mountain (hill) but I'll have a look and see if there's a sunrise view anywhere.  The best part?  I was the only one there.  I was worried about that -- finding some alone time near a city.  Sunrise usually takes care of that, but not always.

Don Brown
May 12, 2021




Comments

Popular Posts