MSNBC Gets The Flick

MSNBC saw fit to put their prime-time coverage of Super Tuesday in my blog feed.  Rachel Maddow can always find a way to add some interest to a subject but I wasn't really paying attention.  Until they put Trump on the air.  Live.

After about 3 minutes of lies, they finally cut away.  Rachel was furious with whoever (the director?) made the decision to give him air time but...I could have written the script for the ensuing discussion. Well, I sort of did, a week  or so ago.

Watch on MSNBC.  Or below.

 
 
 

I'd be willing to bet Rachel Maddow, Joy ReidLawrence O'Donnell nor the other two ladies (I think that's Stephanie Ruhle following my script most closely) have never read my blog.  Certainly not within the last week.

So I'm not tooting my own horn (well, maybe a little) so much as trying to point out how obvious all this is.  Our economy is doing great.  Americans are making more money than ever.  The stock market is at all-time high.  We produce more oil than country in the world!

(
Side note:  Things are about to get interesting in Guyana.  Exxon found oil.)

So why do so many Americans feel so bad about the economy?  Well, it could be as simple as Trump's lies.  Repeated over and over again.  Even on MSNBC.  You reckon Joe Biden gets 3 minute of political-speech air time on Fox?  (I honestly don't know.  Hence the question mark.)  Do you think he lies if he does?  (Okay that was rhetorical.  I don't think Biden lies, beyond the accepted political norms of shading the truth.)

Do you know why politicians lie?  Because if they told you the truth you wouldn't vote for them.

It's an odd place we find ourselves, is it not?  The truth is actually a good thing:  America has the best economy in the world.  But we've been lied to so much (some of which is our fault) we won't believe the truth.

How many years have I been trying the tell you how important The Truth is?

Don Brown
March 6, 2024


Comments

Popular Posts