FAA History Lesson -- October 12



From the FAA Historical Chronology, 1926-1996...

”Oct 12, 1978: President Carter signed Public Law 95-452, establishing Offices of Inspector General in the Department of Transportation and several other departments and agencies. The independent offices were to conduct objective audits and investigations of programs and operations. “

I almost let this pass but then thought, why should I ? I know it doesn’t interest the soley-aviation minded but it is about good government. Carter probably won’t go down as one of the greater Presidents in history but he was interested in making government work. And say what you will, the man has worked tirelessly since he left the Presidency to solve the world’s problems. I think he’s a good man and I believe history will look favorably on him -- and his Presidency.

Don Brown
October 12, 2007

Comments

Popular Posts