WOOF !



Okay, I admit it. I’m becoming Narcissistic. I really get a kick out of searching the web to see where my work is winding up.

It started back when I was still writing for AVweb. I was dumbfounded when I started getting emails from Germany, Australia and Hong Kong. We all know it’s called the World-Wide Web but knowing and knowing are two different things. Even now, with Get the Flick, it still happens. This is obviously a very America-oriented blog but still...

I have more readers in Australia than Washington State.

I have twice as many readers in New Zealand as Hawaii.

I have more readers in Canada than Nevada.

It just blows me away that I get more hits from Germany than I do from right-next door in Alabama. (Don’t get too excited Wilhelm and Hans. It is Alabama we’re talking about.)

The upside of my psychosis is that I’m always finding new blogs. I bumped into a new one just this morning -- JurassicBark. I don’t know who it is and I haven’t seen anyone else in NATCA talking about it but it’s yet another close-to-retirement controller that has had enough of the FAA. And from everything I can tell, JurassicBark has the flick.

For the non-controllers that decide to visit, be sure to take a look at this post. Don’t get distracted by the video. Scroll over the picture and click on it to enlarge it. The last time I saw something that ugly I was on Valium for three days. Don’t worry -- you’re safe. It’s not so bad as long as you aren’t the one talking to them -- or riding on them.

You can add JurassicBark to the growing list of voices -- barking in the wilderness. Maybe Congress will wake up and start asking, “Who let the dogs out ?” Hopefully they won’t think it’s an Echo.

Don Brown
March 15, 2008

Comments

Popular Posts