From the Stands

Yeah, calf roping is still my favorite event.  Break-away or tie-down, either works for me. (Yeah, I am partial to cowgirls.)  I could tell when I got to the rodeo it was going to be too crowded to move around to different seats so I chose the side for calf roping.  (That meant I was on the wrong side for steer wrestling and team roping.)

Not a bad shot for shooting from the stands.  (I wish the rope wasn't blocking the horse's eye.)  It will probably take a while but hopefully I can find an accommodation with the rodeo powers that be.  (Contractors, photographers and arena operators.)  I'm not out to hurt any party.  I'm a fan.  Besides, if rodeos can't make money, I won't have anything to shoot.  So I want them profitable and popular.

From the National Cowboy Pro Rodeo Association Finals in Alabama A&M's Agribition Center, Huntsville, Alabama.



Nikon D7200 — Nikon 80-200mm F2.8
86mm
F2.8@1/400th
ISO 16,000
Cropped 

ROD_2660.JPG
©Don Brown 2023

Comments

Popular Posts