“High Yield”?



I don’t think I’ve ever clicked on an internet ad in my life. Maybe one or two. At most. (I’m married to a world-class shopper so I don’t have to shop.) But, when I saw this one, I couldn’t resist.



I had to know. And yes, they are serious. They’re offering 1%. Deposit $10,000 (that’s ten thousand dollars) and a year later they’ll pay you $101. (According to their calculator.)

I can’t find any historical rates for the U.S. for all the advertisements (of course) but you can view some rates for Canada and the United Kingdom if you’re interested.

Just to be clear, I’m not trying to beat up on American Express. They’re a fine company as far as I’m concerned. I’m just trying to make the point that this isn’t your daddy’s recession.

Don Brown
August 24, 2011

Comments

Popular Posts