Can I Charge You?



For financial advice that is.

July 27, 2011

Congratulations, Mr. Speaker. I just sold off my stocks and it’s all thanks to you.”



Yeah, just when you think you know something, it turns out you don’t.

July 22, 2011

”We get the best interest rate there is -- currently about 3%. (For a quick education about how low that is go here and check the dates.)”

”But it will be an interesting exercise to see if I understand all this. So, for the next few days, I’ll be keeping my eye on the 10 year T-bills.”


(I just found this interactive chart at Bloomberg.)

Yeah, I thought 3% was low and all the “uncertainty” would drive it up. I was wrong. It went down to 2.6%. Too bad we just told ourselves we aren’t going to borrow money to stimulate our economy out of recession. (Yeah, I know, tell me we aren’t in one already.) It’s even cheaper to do it now. I’m not certain, but it may all have something to do with the European markets blowing up.

Can anyone tell me why I can’t write a short, simple blog? Maybe I should get a Twitter account so I can practice being succinct.

Don Brown
August 3, 2011

Comments

Popular Posts