The Other Way Round

There's still a lot of ice on the roads around Huntsville so I still haven't made it up to Monte Sano.  (I hope to get there this afternoon.)  But I can get over to Hickory Cove, the Land Trust of Northern Alabama's newest property without crossing any major, shaded hills.

But it turns out any portion of their trails that lie in the shade are solid ice too.  Oh well. There's a open field (open to the Sun) next to the property so I decided to roam around that.  I love the browns of winter in the South and the big rocks made a nice center of interest.  

I hate to tell you (so I buried it down here where most people don't read) but this is a future development site.  They clear cut it a couple of years ago (at least).  It's amazing how beautiful Nature has been able to make it in that short period of time.  And that's the thing.  Nature doesn't need our help to make things beautiful.  It's the other way 'round.  We need Nature to make our things beautiful.  It can even heal our scars. 



Nikon D7200 — Nikon 18-300mm F6.3 ED VR
18mm
F8@1/80th
ISO 400
Polarizer

ROD_3401.JPG
©Don Brown 2024

Comments

Popular Posts