Not a Star

I was just through taking my first round of pictures (9 pictures at 30 seconds on the self timer) when I noticed a star peeking out  of the clouds, further to the north.  I hustled over a few yards to where I knew no trees would poke into the horizon (it's still pretty dark), set the tripod back up and pulled the trigger.  As I sat waiting (25 seconds), I thought I saw the star moving. 

It's pretty easy to tell on the review screen, after a 25 second exposure.  It's not a star.  It's American Eagle 3594 out of Chattanooga, TN (KCHA) headed for Dallas-Ft. Worth (KDFW).   Yes, I have the ap Flightradar24 on my phone.  It's all part of the fun of photography in the modern world.

It was a beautiful sunrise, despite the fact that I never saw the Sun.  I'm sure you'll get to see more pictures of it.

The suburbs of northeast Huntsville grow into the valleys below the overlook at Monte Sano State Park in Huntsville, Alabama. 



Nikon D7200 — Nikon 18-300mm F6.3 ED VR
65mm
F8@25 seconds

ROD_4084.JPG
©Don Brown 2024

Comments

Popular Posts