Photographer's Morning

A beautifully strange morning on the mountain this morning.  There was fog in the valley, the road up the mountain was clear and then the top of the mountain was in a cloud.  But as you can see, the Sun did shine through the cloud on occasion.  

A couple of lucky photographers picked this morning for model shoots so I just tried to stay out the way.  I went down the trail a little way to make this image.  (I've never seen one up there for a model shoot, much less two.)

I also experienced my first "fog bow".  It was like a mini-rainbow around my shadow but without the color.  You could just tell the light was different and then you noticed that difference was in a bow shape.  I took some pictures (of course) but there was a bunch of junk in the scene (trash can, signs, whatnot) so nothing worth publishing.  Still, it was cool.  

At Monte Sano State Park in Huntsville, Alabama.



Nikon D7200 — Nikon 18-300mm F6.3 ED VR
20mm
F8@1/640th

(DOL_6972)
©Don Brown 2022

Comments

Popular Posts