Phone Oreintation

It pains me to think of how many people only see my pictures (any pictures really) on a phone.  Even worse, those that don't take the time to enlarge it simply by turning their phone to a horizontal orientation.

Back before the flood, I shot lots of verticals. All young photographers have visions of their sugar plums being on a magazine cover.  And those were vertical. (Anybody remember the early Apple monitors with a vertical screen?  You know, like a piece of paper?)

I really don't care which way we do it.  I just wish we'd make up our minds.  When computers became the default photography medium, I stopped taking many verticals and stuck with horizontals (or landscape orientation if you prefer).  

I complained aloud about vertical (portrait) video one day and my son said, "You realize a lot of people only use vertical screens now, right?". Uhhhhh...

Just shoot me.  And don't get me started about 8 x10 prints when my camera shoots 8 x12.  It's enough to drive me square.

The Sun rises over the Golan Heights at Monte Sano State Park in Huntsville, Alabama.  



Nikon D7200 — Nikon 200-500 F5.6 ED VR
500mm
F8@1/640th
ISO 400

(ROD_7555)
©Don Brown 2021

Comments

Popular Posts