Circle the Wagons

The warm up arena at the rodeo was encircled by horse trailers and campers.  To be honest, I'm always a little annoyed about these shiny, modern-day wagons ruining my backgrounds.  I never thought about the fact they'd bounce around so much light if you were in the middle of them.

I knew I liked what I was seeing and I was too busy making pictures to puzzle it out. It was the worst time of day to shoot pictures (middle of the day, with the Sun high in a cloudless sky) but the light is really good in the pictures from this location.  And that's what I believe was happening.  With all the wagons circled around this small space, the light was bouncing off so many different surfaces it evened out into a nice, smooth light. 

From the Georgia High School Rodeo Association event in Madison, Georgia. (Yes, I see the phone and ear bud.)



Nikon D7200 — Nikon 200-500 F5.6 ED VR
200mm
F5.6@1/250th
ISO 400
Polarizer
Cropped

(ROD_4246)
©Don Brown 2020


Comments

Popular Posts