Robert Reich, Lockheed Martin and AIA



I’m guessing I don’t have to say another word to controllers. Let me get out of the way.

Why We Need to Rein In Government Contractors That Use Taxpayer Money for Political Advantage

”Lockheed Martin, the nation’s largest contractor, has already got more than $19 billion in federal contracts so far this year. But we know very little about Lockheed Martin’s political spending other than its Political Action Committee contributions. We don’t know how much money it gives to the Aerospace Industries Association to lobby for a bigger defense budget.”

(For the non-controllers, Aerospace Industries Association is where our former boss -- Marion Blakey -- went to work before immediately after she left the FAA.)

”We don’t even know how much Lockheed is giving the U.S. Chamber of Commerce to lobby against Obama’s proposed executive order requiring disclosure of its political activities.”

”It’s one of the most insidious conflicts of interest in American politics.

Now, in the wake of the grotesque Supreme Court decision, Citizens United vs. the Federal Election Commission, there’s no limit on what Lockheed can spend on politics.”


Go on. It’s okay. I know you want to read the whole thing. Just remember I’ve had the little giant in my blog roll forever. I might not be that smart, but I try to direct you to people who are.

P.S. Lest you forget, Lockheed Martin has the ERAM contract.

P.P.S. Take the time to email Professor Reich and say "Thank You". (There's a link on the page.) Trust me. Bloggers like that.

Don Brown
March 24, 2011

Comments

Popular Posts