You Ain’t the Only One



Here’s a first-rate story for you, courtesy of The Star Ledger.

Newark air traffic controller feels vindicated after speaking out against safety concerns

”Raymond Adams, an air traffic controller at Newark Airport, risked his job to speak out against safety concerns there.”

It’s almost enough to restore your faith in journalism and newspapers. They reported the facts but they also told the truth. There is a difference.

”FAA spokeswoman Laura Brown said she couldn't discuss Adams' case because it was a personnel matter, but noted, "None of the disciplinary action was related to the safety issues that he raised."“

”In February 2008, right after he complained about the close calls, Adams was reprimanded on an insubordination charge for cursing,.... “

You see what I mean ? The FAA says one thing and the controller says another. Just the facts. But it’s pretty easy to see the truth. There’s the timing and then there’s the charge. Sorry if I’m destroying any fantasy image you might have of controllers but...controllers cuss like sailors. You might as well reprimand one for breathing -- especially after watching two airplanes almost hit each other. Stupid &*#^$@*&% managers.

”"I'm glad I got involved, I'm glad that I won and glad I got things changed, but there's absolutely zero accountability on the part of the FAA," he said. "I want the managers held accountable." “

You ain’t the only one, Ray. Thanks for doing the right thing. I wish there were more people like you -- in the FAA, in journalism, in the government and in life.

Don Brown
December 7, 2009

Comments

Popular Posts