ADS-B IOC Maybe



Okay. I give up. I saw a Helicopter Association International (HAI) press release that said the FAA’s ADS-B system in the Gulf of Mexico had reached IOC -- Initial Operating Capacity. The press release has disappeared and no one else (at least that Google News can find) has the story. This is all I can get:

”Module Load Warning
One or more of the modules on this page did not load. This may be temporary. Please refresh the page (click F5 in most browsers). If the problem persists, please let the Site Administrator know. “


(“click F5” ? Seriously ? Windows I guess.)

And even that took 2 minutes to load.

Anyway, HAI has a nice video about the oil industry’s Gulf of Mexico operations. If you like helicopters (and I do) it’s worth watching. If you think like me (not necessarily a good thing) you’ll be struck at how much money we spend to get oil out of the ground. It’s amazing. Enjoy.

Don Brown
December 19, 2009

Share

Comments

Popular Posts