LGA Confusion



I was catching up on some blog reading when I came across one from NAS Confusion. I’m going to steal one link (of many) to make my point. I want you to think about the promises made with NextGen. Shorter routes. We’re going to make that happen by running airplanes closer together -- using the more precise GPS system to make that happen. Take a look at the picture at this link and tell me if you can still believe in promises being made for NextGen.

You caught the fact that the green line represents the aircraft’s actual route of flight, right ? Not what was filed. Not what the pilots anticipated flying. But what they actually flew. You saw the “loops” in the middle of Pennsylvania and recognized that it was a holding pattern, right ? You noticed all the thunderstorms, right ? You saw that the aircraft flew from DTW to BDL, deviating all over the sky, right ?

Here’s the kicker. It was supposed to land at LGA -- La Guardia, New York, New York.

Be sure to visit NAS Confusion and read his point. And see what the rest of the routes trying to make it into LGA look like.

Don Brown
August 7, 2009


Share

Comments

Popular Posts