Sleeping On the Job



Nope. It’s not what you think. I’m just being a smart aleck, trying to draw your attention to a news story. It’s a story with an unusual perspective -- a reporter reporting on the job of reporting. He just happened to fall asleep during the middle of a long day.

Through A New York Eye: A Bullet For Bin Laden

”My phone rings before official confirmation is broadcast to the world. It’s true. He’s dead and I need to be at work by 3 a.m. on a Sunday night, just enough time for a nap before a drive in the dark down to Manhattan. It doesn’t seem real. I sleep uneasily and wake minutes before the alarm goes off. I call to verify it is still happening, half expecting a false alarm, but it’s true. No dream. I drive in.”

There’s nothing for me to tie into my normal subjects. I just thought it was a piece worth drawing your attention to.

Don Brown
May 3, 2011

Comments

Popular Posts