Rush-Limbaugh Funny



I’ve come to realize how much the Republican Party depends on email to sell it’s message. Much of it is “funny” -- if you consider Rush Limbaugh funny. When I had friends tell me that they listened to Rush because he was funny, I couldn’t ever quite understand it. Ditto with Glenn Beck. People would tell me they listened for the “entertainment” value. Like Rush, I would listen to Glenn Beck on occasion just to see if I could understand what others saw in him.

As far as I can tell, they are both demagogues without any socially redeeming values. The last time I listened to Beck was right before Barack Obama became President. He was preparing his audience for the race riots “that were sure to happen” if Obama lost.

Anyway, here’s a video that’s going around the internet. As the title says, it’s “funny”. Or not.



I do see the sophomoric humor. I also see the political message. What I find so interesting? I never see these kind of things from Democrats -- even though I am one. I feel certain these types of things are out there. I just never get them sent to me in an email or otherwise.

Was there a video of Nancy Pelosi bludgeoning Dennis Hastert when he handed over the gavel? Do you even remember Speaker Hastert? I guess that means he wasn’t demonized the way that Nancy Pelosi was, huh? And that is what the video (and things like it) are all about. You might think they’re cute. But the guy that took the time to “photoshop” the video was sending a political message. And he wasn’t doing it to be funny.

Did someone mention political violence? “That doesn’t promote violence, it’s just humor.” Keep telling yourself that.

Don Brown
January 16, 2011

Comments

Popular Posts