Plop! Plop!



I never thought I’d write a blog about a comment. Oh well. There’s a first time for everything I guess.

First, you’ll have to read the short, little story at ABC News.

Wall Street Pay Hits Record High -- What's Your Reaction?

”A year after President Obama's pay czar was charged with reviewing executive compensation, Wall Street workers have enjoyed record-high pay days this year, reports the Wall Street Journal.”

Then you have to click on the comments section. Look for the one written by Arturdingus that starts with “Hmm, what's that scratchy sound?”. I laughed so loud my wife heard me in the next room.

What can I say? Controllers have a dark sense of humor. I’m sure it’s just some kind of coping mechanism -- being able to make a joke about a gut-wrenching event. You probably saw the other comment about a Wall Street job being a stressful job. Where’s my six-figure bonus? I bet firemen, policemen and soldiers would like to jump on that band wagon too.

Oh, that’s right. We just try to keep people safe. The really important jobs are where you can make yourself obscenely rich while blowing up the world’s economy. What was I thinking? I must have lost my head.

Don Brown
October 12, 2010

Comments

Michele said…
Oh my gosh Don I've been gone soooo long I didn't know you had enabled comments!! I read all the comments on the article before I read the rest of your post and I'll admit this isn't the one I expected you to comment on.

I thought it was going to be this one: They own Congress and their minions have convinced the Tea Partiers and devotees of the far right to oppose anyone who wants to politically oppose the "free market" - a term that does not at all apply but sounds good to the uninformed because it has the word "free" in it - so it must be good, right?

Or maybe the one about deregulation...

But I have to say (something I've thought over and over and over again since I started reading this blog...pretty much right when you started writing it): I LIKE THE WAY YOU THINK!!

Oh...and thanks for making me think! :D

Popular Posts