Mica Messing Up



I don’t even remember what got me started on Congressman Mica this morning. I know I read about his latest exploit over at the Earth-bound Misfit but there was something else a few days ago too. Oh well. Whatever it was, I’m sure it was bad. That’s just the way it goes with Congressman Mica. Take a look at the history. (And make sure you read some of the comments.)

Bill to reopen FAA labor negotiations fails

”A lone lawmaker, Rep. John Mica, R-Fla., argued against the legislation, stating that Congress' responsibilities are to the taxpayers and to a sound aviation system.”

Mica Gives Air Traffic Controller a Hard Time

Mica, of course, is entitled to his opinions and his personal style. But if he wants to continue playing a lead role in addressing FAA policy, he might use his political capital to better effect.

That particular incident is worth watching. Congressman Mica plays nice (in his own awkward manner) with Captain Sullenberger and his crew. But if you’ll watch, you can see he’s really just trying to set up the controller. Unfortunately for Congressman Mica, he’s clueless about the principles of air traffic control -- much less the nomenclature. Geez, talk about “dumbing down”. Be sure to catch the moment when the air traffic controller -- Patrick Harten -- bursts Mica’s bubble without even trying. Funny how “just being honest” seems to work for controllers.



You have to wonder why the folks in Florida keep reelecting this guy.

Don Brown
October 22, 2010

P.S. I almost forgot about his appearance with “Hookers and Blow”.

Comments

Roger D. Parish said…
I don't understand his hang-up on his "biometric and photo" license requirement for pilots. He must think that by some sort of magic, it will protect us from terrorists. A stupid waste of money, and totally security theatre.
wnckevin said…
No matter how many times I watch this, I am still AMAZED that this IDIOT is the chairman of anything except the "Ask the dumbest questions on Capital Hill" committee. I did love the way he embarrassed himself though.
wnckevin said…
No matter how many times I watch this video, I am still AMAZED that this IDIOT is the chairman of anything other than the "Ask the dumbest questions on Capital Hill" committee. I do so love how Patrick got his goat though.

Popular Posts