You’ve Got a Yard Don’t You?



Yeah, I know people don’t come here for the gardening advice. But if you’ve got a yard, you need to buy yourself one of these puppies.




I should have bought one years ago. I bought it for clearing some brush (on a very steep slope) away from a photography spot. It did that very well. But I was just trying it out in my yard. OMG.

All those little oak and hickory seedlings the squirrels plant under my azaleas? You know, the ones you can’t Roundup™? The ones you have to bend over with a pair of shears while you straddle the flowers and try not to snap off an azalea branch? Just reach over everything and snip. The cutting head on this thing ratchets so I can set it parallel to the ground. Snip.

The little suckers that come up around the cherry trees? The ones you have to duck under the branches, duck walk 10 feet and then stay bent over until you can cut them all off? Just stand back, extend the handle on this thing and reach in with it. Snip, snip, snip.

I was cruising through my stand of trees -- standing up -- and I was mowing down all the little, unwanted saplings. Snip, snip, snip. It was easier (and faster) than spraying.

Run down to the nearest Big Box and grab yourself one of these things. Oh yeah, you can probably use it to prune trees too. I’ll let you know how it works for that in the Fall...if I haven’t worn it out by then.

Don Brown
June 17, 2010

Comments

Popular Posts