My Photography Rules



What? You didn’t think I would overthink this too? Come now. Surely you know me better than that.

A#1 rule: I am a dedicated Amateur. That is “amateur” with a capital “A”. I have no desire whatsoever to become a pro. You can not pay me to become a pro. Been there, done that -- and I didn’t like it. I shoot for fun and I’m having more fun than money can buy. Yes, every man has his price. No one has offered to pay mine yet.

I used to be a pretty serious photographer back when Kodachrome was still king. Digital is all new to me. I thought of writing about the journey from film to digital but I’m guessing most people took that journey a decade ago. I’m slow. Call me a “late adopter”.

For instance, I’m sure that sooner or later I’ll break down and get a copy of Photoshop. But for right now -- it’s thanks but no thanks. I use iPhoto and I hate it when I have to retouch dust spots. I want to spend my time outside shooting pictures -- not indoors retouching pictures.

If you just can’t help yourself and you have to educate me on digital photography, you’ll have to email me. It’s okay, I suffer from the same disease. If you just can’t help yourself and have to tell me what a great picture I posted, please feel free to email me (Once you get to the page click on the blue “Email”). I never get tired of those kind of emails.

Remember I said I was a pretty serious photographer once upon a time? The copyright laws haven’t changed. I want you to enjoy my pictures -- not steal them. If you want to share my pictures with your friends, email them the link, not the photographs, please. I would appreciate it.

(A vertical-format image from this morning so I can see what a vertical image looks like on the page.)


©Don Brown 2010 (Click on the picture to enlarge)

Don Brown
June 11, 2010

Comments

Popular Posts