What About Otto ?



Humans make mistakes. They get distracted. They fall asleep. What I want to know about is the autopilot. What happened with that when the pilots overshot Minneapolis ?

Pilots should have had warning of airport approach

I don’t know the logic used in programming the autopilot so I’m just thinking out loud. The plane is programmed to go to MSP. The plane reaches MSP -- still at FL370 -- and....does what ? Keeps going on the same heading ? Circles ? Beeps loudly ? Disconnects ? What ????

I guess we’ll find out sooner or later.

What was I saying earlier this week ? ”Be wary of your automation. “ What was the blog about ? ””The first group had higher situation awareness far beyond those who had higher levels of automation,” she said.”

That is all.

Don Brown
October 23, 2009

Share

Comments

Popular Posts