Another Fox



Fear not America. The Press has finally awakened from their nap. The L.A. Times has a story demonstrating that Nancy Nord is just another fox guarding the hen house -- in this case, the Consumer Product Safety Commission hen house.

Speaking of the Press, as I noted earlier, I’ve given up on CNN. I’ve taken to recording BBC World News America and I have to say it’s a refreshing change. One of the first stories I saw was the coverage of President Bush speaking at The Heritage Foundation . Instead of the usual American version of, “The Heritage Foundation, a conservative think tank”, the BBC actually provided a little analysis. What a concept.

Of course, with an hour long news program you actually have a few minutes for some analysis. They even spent about 10 minutes on Pakistan. An ally that provides the gateway to Afghanistan, is 97% Muslim and is on the verge of imploding. Oh yeah, and unlike Iran or Iraq, they actually do have the bomb. Sounds like something we might want to analyze.

You might want to give BBC World News America a try. I like it and I haven’t heard the first word about Britney Spears yet.

Don Brown
November 4, 2007

Comments

Popular Posts