It’s All Oz



Occasionally I hear from the folks Down Under. When it first happened, I was really surprised. What in the world do I have to say that would be relevant to Australian controllers ? I could start going into details but let’s keep this in general terms. Read this short blog entry from Keeping the Picture. (Does the title sound familiar ?) If you substitute “Georgia” for “Queensland” and “Washington” for “Canberra” you could be talking about America instead of Australia.

In case you’re interested, I found that blog at Civil Air Australia. With this modern day Coconut Telegraph called the internet, we’re more connected than any of us truly understand.

You don’t have to take my word for it, or Keeping the Picture’s word. Take a look at this Australian blog and see if it doesn’t look (and sound) a lot like this American blog.

Now, a land that I heard of, once in a lullaby, is just a click of our virtual ruby slippers away. And it sounds a lot like things do on this side of the rainbow.

The next thing you know, we’ll be speaking the same language -- fair dinkum mate. (Did I get that right ?)

Don Brown
November 30, 2007

Comments

Popular Posts