The Current Podcast List -- March 2024

As promised, the current list.  Let me start with the newer ones.

















 

 

Alabama Politics This Week:  This has been my best source for a political education on Alabama.  Josh Moon and David Person are the hosts.  Both are fine writers and have been covering Alabama politics for a long time.  It's laid back and as casual as you would expect from a small-market podcast.  (Did I mention they're both Democrats -- in Alabama?)  I enjoy it immensely.  I even like the fact it usually exceeds an hour.

Down In Alabama with Ike Morgan:  A short-as-can-be (5 minutes) Alabama-daily-news podcast.  I enjoy Ike's witty snark more than the news.  It's Alabama. News.

Cleanup on Aisle 45:  Allison Gill and Pete Strzok are the hosts.  (Yes, Crossfire Hurricane Pete Strzok,)  You have to enjoy being in the weeds and following lawsuits but, Mercy!, they can sure follow the trail of corruption and destruction left by 45.  The details they can make you see are mind-blowing.  Allison Gill has created her own podcast empire.  Try it.  You might like it.

The Early Bird Brief:  You probably have to be in Government to listen to this one.  It's a daily,  military-news podcast.  It's dull, factual and (most likely) important.  We really should pay attention to the military.  They're important.  But I admit it's hard.

Morning Joe
:  I only recently started listening.  Somebody (on a podcast) made the comment that the Biden Administration is obsessed with the show.  I have no idea why.  This will be the first show to go if I have to cut my list.

Deep State Radio:  Talk about building a podcast empire...  David Rothkopf is the boss of this outfit and it just keeps growing and growing.  Start with the "Mothership" and, if you like it, dive in.  There are a couple of podcasts in their lineup that I pass on but I listen to most of them.  Yes, I subscribe.

If You're Listening:  This started out from Trump's infamous remark, "Russia, if you're listening" and took on a life of its own.  It's from Australia (there's that worldview-in-English thing) and Matt Bevan is probably the most gifted podcaster I've ever heard.  He just has the magic.  Fantastic information but his gift is the backstory.

The BBC's Six O'Clock News:  Yep.  Still interested in the rest of the world and I still only speak English.  Sorry, American.  (What the hell is "fly tipping"?)

(Whoops. Running out of words...)

The Daily: New York Times, one subject, daily.

Fareed Zakaria's GPS: He's brilliant. Period.

Marketplace with Kai Rysdal;  My money podcast forever.

NBC Nightly News:  Just because.

The Rachel Maddow Show
:  In all sincerity, if you only have time for one show, this is the one.  I'd rather you listen to her than read my stuff.  (Truly.)  She's not just the best, she's the most important. Listen.

Don Brown
March 1, 2024

(Ha! 500 words.)


Comments

Popular Posts