I Believe in ITYS

I've been thinking about writing again -- I sort of miss it -- and this is a good excuse to do so.  No promises.  Writing takes time.  And I'm not sure I want to have it. I'm retired so I certainly have it.  I just like spending my time on other things.  Even if they may not be as important.













 

It's just that I believe in "I Told You So"s.  Having been in the uncomfortable position of knowing-better-but-powerless-to-stop-it myself a few times, I like to give credit where I see credit is due.  And this morning, I noticed credit was due when I heard this story on "The Daily".

The Navy's Very Expensive Mistake


"Even before the Navy gets the first one of these ships, there’s already hints that there’s going to be some trouble because, by 2007, the price estimate for each of these littoral combat ships has doubled to more than $400 million."

Now, I'm a landlubber if there ever was one.  The only ocean I want to know about is over my head and made of air.  The one made out of water scares me.  I don't even like the beach.  But I do know a sailor.  And she's been cussing (like a sailor) these littoral things since...forever.

Burn, Baby, Burn

"Forty people on a LCS means that if there is a major fire on board, the word may be passed to "abandon ship", for there will not be enough people on board to fight a large fire."  

(LCS stand for Littoral Combat Ship)

There are numerous posts about the LCSs on her blog should you need convincing.

I didn't need any more convincing back in 2009 (when that post was written).  And it makes you wonder about the people that thought they knew better.  You know, the people we pay to know better.  Yes, 2009 was 14 years ago.  It takes a long time for some of the Government chickens to come home to roost.  That's the reason it's important to listen to people that do know better when they ask you to listen.


ITYS isn't a reward.  It's a lament.  A bitter one. It should be acknowledged.

Don Brown
February 19, 2023


Comments

Comrade Misfit said…
Thank you.

Popular Posts