Veteran's Memorial

I couldn't find the words for Memorial Day so I just didn't write any.  I can always tell you about "I".  But Memorial Day isn't about me.  So I didn't.   I did take a bunch of pictures.  And I hope to have others by Veteran's Day so I thought I would share these.

My wife and I literally stumbled on the place as we were coming home from church.  We were following the GPS and, lo and behold, there is was as we made the turn to get on the interstate.  I came back the next day, Memorial Day, to make these just after sunrise.

There are several statues in the park.  I think they're quite good. And if you'll note the wall, it commemorates most (if not all) of the conflicts the USA has been involved in over the years. (Of which there are way too many.)

Yeah, you forgot about Kosovo didn't you?  Not to worry, the people of Kosovo didn't forget our military service men and women -- nor the man that sent them.  I don't have a problem with America being the "world's policeman" -- as a matter of fact I advocate for it.  The world needs a policeman.  And I'd rather it be us than some other country.  However, we must remember what it costs.  And I'm talking about something more important than money.

Don Brown
June 3, 2021


Comments

Popular Posts