Today’s Photo 11-14-11



Not that it’s that great of a photograph or anything...you just don’t see one of these everyday in Middle Georgia. From last night on the lake...



© Don Brown 2011 (Click on the picture to enlarge)


It’s an American White Pelican -- a mostly-Western-freshwater bird. Most of you will remember that there are swans on the lake. They didn’t take too kindly to this interloper. Here they are, all puffed up and in attack formation.


© Don Brown 2011 (Click on the picture to enlarge)

Last I saw of them, they were still chasing the pelican around the lake in the gathering dark. I didn’t get to go back to the lake this morning so I’m not sure we’ll ever know how this story turns out.

Don Brown
November 14, 2011

(A new first, the wi-fi provider at where I was stuck today had Blogger blocked so I couldn’t upload this blog. Hmmmm.)

Comments

Popular Posts