Today’s Photo 11-1-11



Okay, this is an experiment and a notice rolled into one. I put this photograph on my personal Facebook page and it didn’t look very good. It looks great when it’s shown at full resolution and full screen. But that’s just another hazard in photography -- what looks great on one screen might not look so hot on another. And if you think that’s bad, you ought to try printing photographs. Oh boy.

Anyway, in case you haven’t noticed, when you click on the picture (like the one below), Google has changed the background to black. Hallelujah! That weakened my resolve to get a Flickr account. Photographs almost always look better on a black background. At least those that appear on a computer screen. Try it out with my old photos here.

This morning’s photo is of the Big Dipper, hanging above the fog on the lake. I hope it looks at least half as good here as it does on my computer.



© Don Brown 2011 (Click on the picture to enlarge)


Don Brown
November 1, 2011

Comments

Popular Posts