Losing Its Shine



Okay. I’ve finished the book. I can’t say that I feel enlightened. I’ll let it rattle around in my head a little before I comment further.

So, to keep you entertained, I’ll pass along this article sent in by a reader.

US Airways CEO: NextGen benefits don't justify equipage investment

”Speaking at the carrier's media day in Phoenix Wednesday, Parker said, "There is not a capacity issue in the United States right now as it relates to air traffic control, so putting in place NextGen ATC, while it makes all the sense in the world, isn't going to save the airlines dramatic amounts.“

I’m sure that makes all the sense in the world -- to somebody. I believe all my readers have figured out that NextGen is the greatest thing out there -- as long as somebody else is paying for it. Don’t use my money to pay for it. I never did think it was that great.

Don Brown
May 1, 2010

Comments

Popular Posts