Electricity Consumption Down



I was doing some research yesterday and I came across this tidbit at Wikinvest.

The 2008 Financial Crisis and Ensuing Recession Reduce Demand for Electricity - as well as Costs for Electricity Production

“In the fourth quarter of 2008, the U.S. economy contracted at a 3.8% annualized rate (5.1%, excluding inventory buildup) according to the U.S. Bureau of Economic Analysis.”

“For the first time since 1945, the end of the Second World War, the International Energy Agency has forecasted that world electricity demand will fall 3.5% as a result of the global recession.“


Just in case you needed another reminder of how bad this recession is.

At least it’s bad for some of us. (Disclaimer: It isn’t bad for me. For my children and most of America, it’s a different story.) To get an idea about who is hurting -- and who isn’t -- I’d recommend this post from The Earth-bound Misfit.

Don Brown
February 23, 2010

Share

Comments

Popular Posts