ATC Videos -- UND



There’s something to be said for going to school in the frozen tundra I guess. At least it appears to have focused some minds. The students at the University of North Dakota have made some very nice videos about Air Traffic Control. I’ve only watched a couple but, for basic instruction on air traffic control, I’m impressed. If you’re thinking about a career in ATC -- or if you’re a pilot that wants to see what happens on the other side -- I think they would be worth your time.

I believe a word of explanation is in order. I don’t know the technical terms but I’m going to say that the mp4 files aren’t “buffered”. The movies don’t play like over at YouTube. They don’t start playing until they are completely downloaded -- which can take 2-3 minutes with my internet connection. You’ll have to be patient.

Don Brown
February 3, 2010

P.S. I almost forgot. I found these videos through Air Traffic Controllers Around the World on Facebook.

Comments

Popular Posts