Dumb Daffodils



They don’t realize that Global Warming is a hoax spread by left-wing, environmental radicals. They keep blooming in January instead of March.



Last time, they waited until January 19th. It’s only January 9th and they started blooming 2 days ago. The new ones I planted haven’t bloomed yet. They’re starting to poke through though.

I didn’t start gardening until I moved into my current house, about 10 years ago. Georgia was split between “hardiness zones” 7a and 7b. Now, almost the entire State is zone 8. Well, according to the Arbor Day Foundation. Your Federal Government hasn’t bothered to update the USDA Plant Hardiness Zone Map.

This site puts it all together for you.

”Note of Explaination from Raintree Nursery: Every fifteen years the USDA puts out a new Hardiness Zone Map. In 2005 a new map was due out however it has not yet been published. The Arbor Day Foundation, a non-profit organization used the same weather data that the USDA uses to make their maps and made a new Hardiness Zone Map. They also made another map that shows the differences in zones over the past 15 years. You will notice that much of the nation has gotten one zone warmer. While this is good in a limited sense because some people can now grow plants in areas that were previously too cold, it is alarming as further evidence that global warming is a real and significant phenomenon.“

I’ll let you draw your own conclusions. I’ve got enough problems. I’ve got about 700 daffodils trying to bloom. After a few weeks of warm weather, it’s supposed to go down into the 20s, Sunday, Monday and Tuesday.

Glad I’m not a farmer. Too bad we all depend on those that are.

(BTW, my daughter took the picture with her new Christmas present.)

Don Brown
January 9, 2009

Comments

Popular Posts