Nuts About Knots



Don’t ask me, I’ve had this thing about rope since I was a kid. Maybe it was one too many cowboy movies. If you like rope, you learn knots. The rest of my family looks at me like I know some dark art when I tie a useful knot. I try to teach them but, without an immediate need, no one seems interested in learning.

Just in case you might need to learn a decent knot one day, try this site.

Animated Knots by Grog

I will have to disagree with the folks on this site about one thing. They say the “sheepshank” (I call it a sheep’s head) is all but useless. Wrong. Tie it for any five-year-old, stick it over your head and go “baaaaahhhhh” like a sheep. I guarantee it’ll bring a smile. And maybe even a lifelong interest in knots.

Don Brown
June 20, 2007

Comments

Popular Posts