Meadowlark Gardens



My mamma laughed at me the other day. She asked what I had planned for the weekend and I told her I was going to help my friend Jay park cars at Meadowlark Gardens. She thought that was pretty funny, going from directing airplanes across the sky to directing cars in a parking lot.

In a way, I guess it is but it’s actually one of the joys of being retired. The luxury of time. Time to think. Time to enjoy. Time to help your friends.

Jay manages Meadowlark Gardens for his family. It’s been a private estate for over 60 years. As anyone into gardening will tell you, there’s simply no substitute for time. Take a look and you’ll see what I mean. At the risk of sounding like Yogi Berra -- you don’t grow a fifty year old hedge overnight you know.

Meadowlark recently started hosting private events. Weddings, receptions and such. I just know it will wind up as a movie location one day. It’s that beautiful (and private.) If you want to see how pretty a wedding can be take a look at this slide show. It’s from the very first wedding hosted at Meadowlark and it’s actually what reminded me to make this blog entry. Shawna Herring was the photographer and her work just blew me away.

If you know anybody that is getting married, do them a favor and tell them to take a look. Before the word gets out and you can’t book the place. Even if they don’t live in the area (about 35 miles south of the Atlanta airport) they can still book Shawna, I bet. And even if they can’t, they can still get some great ideas for their own wedding. Trust me. They’ll thank you.

Don Brown
June 24, 2007

Comments

Popular Posts