More on the Mouse



As promised, here’s the story in The Atlanta Journal - Constitution.

Voter registration, a mouse head, and the ‘08 presidential contest

”Things are getting tense out there, people.

The chairman of the Pike County Democratic party says she found a cooked, severed mouse head in a take-out meal after a confrontation with the husband of the restaurant owner — who allegedly accused her of registering “gutter scum” for the coming Nov. 4 election. “


Pike County, to me, seems much like the rest of Georgia. Or at least what I call “the rest of Georgia.” There’s Atlanta, and then there’s “the rest of Georgia.” Please note -- before you consider that derogatory, I choose to live in “the rest of Georgia.” Nothing against Atlanta -- I just like the peace and quiet of the country.

There’s some invisible line about 10-15 miles north of my house. I can always tell when I cross it. People stop flipping me the bird as they pass me (I drive the speed limit, everybody passes me) and start waving and smiling. I have an “Obama for President” sticker on the back of my pickup, you see. Not everyone gives me the bird. Not everyone waves. But you get the idea.

I am proud to say that the “Obama 08” sign is still in my yard and has survived unmolested. Well, I think it has. Hold on...

Yeah, it’s still there and in one piece. Ha ! And my wife said it wouldn’t last a day. I keep telling her things aren’t as bad as people make them out to be. Shoot -- after the election is over I might even risk putting a Georgia Tech sticker on my truck.

Don Brown
October 14, 2008

Comments

Popular Posts