Congratulations Professor Krugman



I would like to offer my sincere congratulations and my deepest thanks to Paul Krugman.

Paul Krugman Wins Economics Nobel

”Paul Krugman, a professor at Princeton University and an Op-Ed columnist for The New York Times, was awarded the Nobel Memorial Prize in Economic Sciences on Monday. “

My regular readers know I quote him on a regular basis and keep his blog in my list of links on the left. I am not a student of economics. I do study government. I hope it dawns on you that Professor Krugman could stay comfortably closeted in the anonymity of the academic world and do quite nicely.

Instead, he has chosen to enter the public debate and has been vilified by the Right for his efforts. During the darkest days of the Bush Administration, it seemed as if he was the only voice willing to stand up for the principles of liberalism. He wasn’t the only voice, of course. He was just the greatest voice.

For those that don’t know of the professor -- and those that might wonder “how we ever got here” -- I still recommend his excellent book, The Great Unraveling. It isn’t about economics so much as it is about life in these United States.

Don Brown
October 13, 2008

Comments

Popular Posts