Wow ! I Mean, Welcome !



I doubt if anyone but me has been paying attention to the “hit counter” at the bottom of the page. That requires that I engage in that embarrassing behavior known as self-promotion. (I’m told by people that I trust that it is a necessity.) Forgive me.

James Fallows, of The Atlantic fame, graciously mentioned my humble musings (again) last week which increased the traffic on this blog by over 10 times the normal traffic. Just as that surge was dying down, an outfit called, MetaFilter (www.metafilter.com) found me (through Mr. Fallows, I feel sure) and that boosted traffic by almost as much.

It sounds like a good time to say “welcome” to all my new readers. I assume you don’t have the time to run through all of my previous posts so I thought it might be helpful if I hit the highlights.

The impetus for this blog can be found in the first post -- Get the Flick. The blog hasn’t changed much because I’m a person that doesn’t change much. Some people call that being a stick-in-the-mud. I prefer to think of it as being consistent.

The post that brought most of the new people here -- ”Air Traffic Safety vs. Capacity" -- highlights this point. There is very little (if anything) in it that I haven’t said before. It was just written for a different audience and in a different format. In that it was successful, I assume I will try the approach again. On occasion.

The rest of the time, what you see is what you get. I will still concentrate on air traffic control issues -- as I also enjoy the freedom retirement has given me to speak out about political issues that affect public policy (especially air traffic control.) And of course, the occasional odd subject that strikes my fancy.

So, for those that have decided to stick around -- Welcome. I hope you find some useful information and enjoy the time you spend here.

I have not enabled the “comments” section (in case you were looking for it.). If you would like to send a comment, please feel free to email me. (Click on the “View my complete profile” link, in the left column, to get to the email link.) I welcome comments, opinions, ideas and information. I just don’t have the time (or inclination) to moderate a comments section.

Don Brown
February 1, 2008

Comments

Popular Posts