Too Muggy for Comets

I searched in vain for comet NEOWISE yesterday morning (and today).  Perhaps it is no longer visible in the mornings.  It's amazingly hard to find out exactly where to look considering the flood of sites that want to sell advertising as opposed to informing you. 

Anyway, it makes no difference to me.  I'm out there anyway. The "super nova" in this picture is the Moon, wildly overexposed. The "light beams" coming out of it are because the lens is fogging* up from all the humidity. In other words, it's actually a bad picture. But it's the best one I have for the day and the Facebook crowd will like it anyway. Tell folks it's a Super-Duper Comet Moon and you could sell all sorts of advertising. 



*(I keep my camera in the air-conditioned house. When I put it on the tripod every morning the warm, muggy air condenses on it and fogs up the lens (continuously) until the camera warms up to the outside air temperature. Just one more reason I hate summer.)

Nikon D7200 — Nikon 18-300mm F6.3 ED VR
18mm
F5.6@5 seconds
ISO 5,000

(DOL_5319)
©Don Brown 2020

Comments

Popular Posts