He's Reading Again


"There are two types of government..."

"There are those who believe that, if you will only legislate to make the well-to-do prosperous, their prosperity will leak through on those below.

The Democratic idea, however, has been that if you legislate to make the masses prosperous, their prosperity will find its way up through every class which rests upon them."


William Jennings Bryan -- 1896

From Michael Kazin's book A Godly Hero.

1) I'm using Blogger to write this because I'm in a hurry. (And I hate it.)

2) History is a great place to learn something.

3) I consistently learn more from reading a book than I do surfing the internet.

(Really Blogger? I can't figure out how to turn the bold and italics buttons off in 3 tries? POS.)

Enough of the trickle down.  Let's try some trickle up.

Don Brown
August 17, 2013
(So much for saving time.)


Comments

Popular Posts