MartinLady Makes It Three



No, it isn’t just me. It seems to be pretty universal in the controller profession. Nobody thinks Marion Blakey deserves anything but “boos”.

Blakey – Blech!

”The woman had the opportunity to really earn the award that, for some reason unfathomable to me, the National Aeronautical Association (NAA) is planning to give her.  She could have gotten ahead of the retirements that any reasonable, thinking person could see coming (1981 + 25 = 2006), but instead she chose to take actions that would decimate the workforce, attempting to get the pay scales down to where private industry could earn big profits if they took over the NAS. ”

And here is one thought I think everyone should keep in mind.

”But what I really want to say isn’t family-friendly and would probably come across as ranting, so I’ll refrain from continuing further.”

Trust me. Controllers are holding back. I guess it’s out of respect for the National Aeronautic Association. We’re not real familiar with them but we assume they are a respected organization that has made some sort of error in judgment. If the controller profession thought for a second that anyone was honoring Blakey for what she did to our profession -- our comments wouldn’t be publishable in a regular newspaper.

Don Brown
June 24, 2011

Comments

Popular Posts