Stop Traffic



Okay, I admit it. I’m overwhelmed. There are so many aviation stories today that I don’t know where to start. And I haven’t even got to the hearings the Senate held yesterday. Google News has over 3,000 stories listed in the first section on the search term “FAA”.

My blog buddies at The FAA Follies are teeing off on a letter from Chairman Oberstar & partners to three FAA managers (one of whom has already been relieved). The letter says their testimony was...how shall we put it...”misleading”. Somehow, I don’t think that is a good thing when your job title includes the word “safety.” “Misleading” and “safety” don’t really mix well.

Speaking of blogs, there is another one on ATC to add to your list -- The Potomac Current and Undertow. It’s about the happenings at the Potomac Tracon (PCT). For those that don’t know, that is the radar approach control facility that handles the Washington, D.C airspace. That includes some interesting places like the Pentagon, DCA, IAD and The White House helipad.

Until I get this all sorted out, I’ll leave you with a couple of interesting -- but different -- items I stumbled on. Both are from The New York Times and both are interviews with their aviation reporter, Matthew Wald.

First, an audio interview.

Second, a video interview with CNBC about (gasp !) re-regulating the airlines.

Don’t take the links as an endorsement (especially the one about re-regulation). I don’t have to agree with Mr. Wald to respect his opinion. I think his opinion is worth listening to whether I agree with it or not.

Don Brown
April 11, 2008

Comments

Popular Posts