A note to my regular readers



In reading Air Traffic Safety vs. Capacity, it won’t take you long to realize it’s a departure from my normal style on this blog. I wrote it with the intention of selling it and getting the information in front of a more general audience. In other words, you’ll notice that it was written for a non-aviation audience. It has some uncomfortable generalizations that were required in order to keep it short enough for most publications. Brevity precludes detailed explanations. There will also be small parts that are already dated. No matter, the concepts still hold true.

At the risk of stating the obvious, my (feeble) attempts to sell it failed. To be honest, my heart just isn’t in the marketing end of writing. I’ll let the thought that my lack of writing skills might be the problem pass without comment. How I miss having a good editor. (Hi Kevin.)

Having said all that, my intention in writing this piece was to get the information in front of the general public. Money is nice, but it is indeed secondary. At least to me. So here it is (warts and all) for free.

Please, if you think it the least bit helpful, send the link to your friends that travel. They’re the ones that still pay for my retirement and they are the ones that deserve to know the truth -- no matter how poorly I may write it.

Many thanks,

Don Brown
January 23, 2008

Comments

Popular Posts