Government vs. “The Market”



Robert Reich was the Secretary of Labor during Bill Clinton’s Administration. He is currently a professor at the University of California at Berkeley. I occasionally hear him National Public Radio. Besides that, he has three other things going for him. He’s really smart, he makes sense and I like him. Hey, it works for me.

I happened upon his blog today and thought I might point you towards it. I really like this piece:

When Caveat Emptor Doesn't Work in China -- or in America

”The lesson on both sides of the Pacific is that free-market capitalism and government intervention are not on opposite sides of a great ideological divide. Free markets need governments to police them so buyers can be confident about what they're buying.”

I told you he was smart. He’’s got good taste when it comes to blog templates too.

Don Brown
August 23, 2007

Comments

Popular Posts