Everybody Has a Platform

"Everybody has a platform."  David Rothkopf said that (again) recently on one of the many podcasts I listen to on the Deep State Radio Network.  Indeed we do.  And mine has better pictures than most.

James Fallows taught me that trick.  Always include a picture.  Even if it has nothing to do with the subject matter.  It gets attention.

Then, the other day, it hit me that I was trying to turn my Facebook account into my Twitter-replacement account.  And I wondered why.  We all know we're the product for Musk, Zuckerberg and whoever is running Google/Alphabet (Facebook/Meta -- Twitter/X) these days.  (Yes, I still miss Twitter.)  Even more to the point, why am I attracting people to Facebook (or driving them away) instead of bringing them to my own blog to read my rants?  Wouldn't it be easier to just write what I want to say, here on my own blog, and then post the link on Facebook, Post and Instagram?  (You can find me if you want on Facebook but I don't encourage it.  Post is new to me.  And I hate Instagram but I have an account for my Photography Park idea.)  "Why yes, yes it would be easier." I told myself.

So here I am again.  Maybe I'll stick to it.  Maybe I won't.  But I'm deeply worried about where my country is headed and I have some things to say about it.  And I have a platform. You do too.  Now, everybody has a platform.  Let's see if we can't do some good.

If nothing else, I'll have a chance to post more pictures.  Even if they have nothing to do with what's on my mind.

Don Brown
August 6, 2023

Comments

Popular Posts